Internet Mobile Phones 3G and 4G
From LCA2014 Delegate Wiki
Revision as of 18:23, 11 September 2013 by Paul Del Fante
Internet, Mobile Phones, Mobile Broadband, 3G and 4G
- The networking team are working on setting up Internet at the university and colleges. This includes wireless.
- Will update soon when we have more information
- Prepaid Mobile Phones and Mobile broadband in Perth CBD, surrounding suburbs.
- Around the CBD, suburbs except for the country you can use Optus 3G for 4G LTE
- The frequencies for this are 900MHZ and 2100MHZ GSM/HSPA/HSPA+ to provide you with 3G
- The frequencies for this is 1800MHZ LTE only to provide you with 4G LTE TDD
- Prepaid Mobile Phones and Mobile broadband in Perth CBD, surrounding suburbs plus Country and Rural
- Around the CBD, suburbs and rural / country you can use Telstra 3G(nextg) and 4G LTE
- The frequencies for this is 850MHZ GSM/HSPA/HSPA+ to provide you with 3G
- The frequencies for this is 850MHZ LTE to provide you with 4G LTE TDD
- Note if you intend on going out into rural areas or the country we recommend Telstra
- We suggest Telstra 3G 4G for better network capacity and lower frequency.
- Telstra cost more but a far better network with a lot less latency than Optus or Vodafone