Practical Crypto BoF
A BoF on the topic of personal security and practical cryptography. Especially relevant given this morning's keynote.
Time & Location
Time: Monday 06/01 5:40pm - 6:40pm
We'll spend the first 5 minutes to set an agenda for discussion.
During discussion, suggest a FIFO speaking list managed by a chair, with 2-3 minutes speaking at a time.
Some potential topics for discussion:
- how the LA community can engage w/ tech security issues & resist subversion
- vectors for advocacy
- efficacy (or otherwise) of various "secure" webmail providers
- hacking on tor, libpurple OTR, etc.
- secure mobile communications (e.g. )
- using OTR chat in Linux
- running a tor bridge in Linux
- running a secure SIP server in Linux
- using tails, the privacy-focused live OS based on Debian