From LCA2014 Delegate Wiki
- Perth WA is known to be a warm place in summer. Especially from 9:00AM-3:00PM during the day. We suggest you do some simple things to minimise heat stroke, sunburn & dehydration.
- There is plenty of shade in and around the univerisity, including the colleges and river foreshore.
- Keep hydrated with water, we will have plenty available for you to fill your water bottles.
- Wear SPF sun rated clothing if you are sensitive to the sun.
- There will be suncream available during the conference at the rego desk.
- If you run into trouble you have nothing to worry about we have St Johns Ambulance standing by and the hospital is down the road.
Many people are likely to drive to Perth, whether it's driving all the way from home, or hiring a vehicle from the airport. Of particular note to international Speakers and Delegates, please be aware that Australia has some of the toughest drink driving laws in the world. The blood alcohol limit is 0.05, and it is strictly enforced. As an organising team, we're working extra hard to put on extra buses to/from all official events to prevent the need to drive. Don't be a bloody idiot: If you drink, don't drive.
And if you're staying in Perth and not driving, or you're a local, have fun but stay safe - Friends don't let friends walk home drunk.